Position: CAD Designer
Primary Role: Create and revise production drawings with sufficient dimensions, part-to-part orientation, accurate bill of materials (BOM) and customer/project information including part numbers and descriptions.
Please apply via the link at the bottom of this post.
- Uses Computer Aided Design (CAD) to create production drawings from customer supplied templates, vector files, or dimensional specifications.
- Revises drawings from customer feedback to improve design and product functionality.
- Makes drawings with sufficient dimensions, part-to-part orientation, accurate bill of materials (BOM), customer/project information including part numbers and descriptions.
- Utilizes knowledge of CNC machining tolerances to determine CAM tooling specifications.
- Uses understanding of material tolerances and tooling efficiencies to provide best nest and machine time estimates.
- Using CAM software (SigmaNest), applies part parameters and machine operations in preparation for nesting and posting to CNC machines.
- Sets up and maintains an organized file system for production drawings.
- Makes simple decisions based on work instructions and design tolerances, but refers most questions/problems to supervisor to ensure accuracy and quality.
- Documents job size and time for performance and efficiency reports.
- Capable of all above tasks as well as capturing/processing patterns and operating CNC machine.
- Possible local and overnight travel
EXPERIENCE AND BACKGROUND:
- Computer proficiency is required including CAD, CAM (SigmaNest), MS Office Suite, Email, Vector Graphics, and Adobe Illustrator.
- Excellent attention to detail and quality maintenance.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to shift priorities.
- Good interpersonal skills including ability to work productively with wide range of people.
Drafting College Credit Certificate (DACC) or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $13.00 /hour
- Computer Aided Design: 1 year
Required license or certification:
- Drivers License
Resumes can be emailed to email@example.com