|SeaDek Marine Products is seeking a Marketing Specialist for its growing team. SeaDek non-skid, closed cell EVA products offer safe and comfortable alternatives to molded in non-skid, paint-on textures and other marine traction products currently available. SeaDek features an innovative, textured micro-dot surface for enhanced non-slip characteristics.Formulated with a 3M™ acrylic based high-bond pressure sensitive adhesive, SeaDek’s robust, peel-and-stick application makes it easy to install and requires no mounting of hardware. Easy to clean and stain resistant, SeaDek also provides protection for boat surfaces, especially in high traffic areas. Other benefits that SeaDek offers include:
Exceptional traction even when wet
Unparalleled comfort when standing, walking or leaning on boat surfaces
Shock absorption, which decreases fatigue
Protection for boat surfaces against scratches, chips and dents
Noise reduction characteristics – ideal for fishermen
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creates, edits, and organizes content to be used for print, web, packaging design, ecommerce, social media and industry events.
- Manages the social media accounts including posting on behalf of all brands and answering all messages and posts.
- Adds, edits, and updates website content as needed.
- Edits images to be used on the website, blog and social media platforms including but not limited to Facebook, WordPress, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, Tumblr, YouTube, etc.
- Assists in executing marketing strategies and objectives.
- Illustrates concepts by designing rough layouts of art and copy regarding arrangement, size, typography and related aesthetic concepts.
- Prepares finished, production ready artwork by utilizing understanding of print and packaging design.
- Assists with newsletter, direct mail, advertising, and catalog editing and proofreading.
- Assists in implementing public relations programs, online events, and trade shows.
- Communicates with clients, business partners, certified fabricators and installers regarding marketing materials and marketing support.
- Participates in new market research and design.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university in Graphic Design, Marketing, Communications; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of SAP, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word and Microsoft PowerPoint.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Current Driver’s License. Additionally, this position requires the ability to meet MVR requirements per our insurance carrier standards.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel or crouch, and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Advanced graphic design skills and be able to show examples of past work
- Must be deadline oriented and able to produce quality work in a timely manner
- Must be able to work autonomously and efficiently
- Analytic, SEO, PR, photography/videography, web design, project management and marine industry experience is a plus
- Application should exhibit the following skills:
Great attention to detail
Handles rejection and critiques
Excellent written and verbal communication
Basic photography skills
Works well in a team setting
Bilingual is a plus